Friday 1 August 2014

Locking and Shopping

Jessica has joined me at Hertford to cruise back to London.

By four o'clock in the afternoon we have manged two locks, three miles and eight charity shops.

By eight in the evening we have managed another four locks and five miles and a pub but that was only because the charity shops were closed.

I think I am going to attempt to get to Limehouse Basin without stopping again because to the best of my knowledge there are no charity shops in Limehouse Basin for her to wander into.

Difference of perceptions: I think she has spent £25, she thinks she has saved £125.

(Jessica says I can write anything I like about her as long as I describe her as 5ft 10in, slim, beautiful and charismatic, widely traveled and cultured. I'm sure anybody meeting us on the canal system will recognise her immediately by this description)

No comments:

Post a Comment